A few more 727-100's

Classic Non-Brit Forum.
A dedicated area to post on your favourite 'Classic' non-British freeware flightsim aircraft.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: A few more 727-100's

Post by tonymadge »

United States Postal Service early livery 1991 and later 1999

AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

WhisperJet
Concorde
Concorde

Post by WhisperJet »

So stunned by these shots -
So please allow me just a quick and humble question:
Does the Vistaliners 727 offer a VC? :think:

Thanks,

Nick
Noise Abatement? Never.
(D. Maltby)

Techy111
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by Techy111 »

No mate...just A/C models at this time.....i am waiting for Tony to work his magic on the L Ten Eleven.....then i am gonna be chuffed..... :)

Go on Tony....you know you want to.... :worried:

Tony
The last surviving and complete Vickers Vanguard....."Superb"
ImageImageImage

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

WhisperJet wrote:Does the Vistaliners 727 offer a VC?
Hi Nick, welcome to the forum. As Techy says, the Vistaliners aircraft doesn't come with a panel of any description, but there is a choice of two excellent 2D panels available from the usual places. One is by Ken Mitchell and Tony Madge has posted a shot of that one on the first page of this post. The other is by Richard Probst and looks a lot like this:

So you (don't) pays your money and you takes your choice :lol:

Ian :)

WhisperJet
Concorde
Concorde

Post by WhisperJet »

Thanks guys for that warm welcome and your answers!

I usually fly DM's One Eleven and Rick Piper's 748 and their VCs are so beautifully made that it feels hard for me to board a 2D panel again. :think:
That 2D panel looks stunning, no question! I really have to think that over.

Cheers,

Nick
Noise Abatement? Never.
(D. Maltby)

tonymadge
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by tonymadge »

Re the 1011's I am led to believe they are still in"beta" stage not sure if they will progress further and hence no paintkit so I guess unless we get permission no uploading anywhere :dunno:
AMD Phenom II X4 BE 965 @ 3.80GHz
nVidia GTX 560 TI 448 Cores

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

I've found a couple of nice Vistaliner repaints on Avsim. A -100 and a -200 to keep me going until Tony gets some spare time to finish off his beauties.

Ian :)

Mark C
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Mark C »

"BY FAR" .... the very best B727 panel .... IMHO .... is the one by Richard PROBST .... and which is downloadable from FS.COM per the following filename ....

b727pan4.zip

It's not a VC panel though, but, does feature a complete suite of high-quality interior views .... and in particular features a "SUPERB" landing view panel. This panel has a particularly nice "pilots eye perspective/point-of-view" about it.

It does however seem to have an irritating issue with the 2 AP located paddle switches .... i.e. the main AP and the ELEVATOR paddle switches in particular. I'm currently working to try to resolve this issue (among a zillion other things at the moment too) and have since learned this issue may be resolved acceptably per the following editing (which unfortunately does also requires reinstating 1 or 2 earlier panel version guages and a bit of PANEL.CFG editing) .... READ AS FOLLOWS ....

http://www.flightsim.com/cgi/kds?$=main ... nel727.htm

I have performed the above edits and since got the panel working very acceptably using tthe older gauges and without any AP issues.

"IF" downloading the "b727pan4.zip" file above .... and "as-is" .... remember all the guages, panel WAV sounds, panel BMP files, and PANEL.CFG must be retained together within the actual panel file. Don't seperate these .... the reason for this is because both the gauges and panel sounds are "HARDCODED" .... if you seperate the panel sounds to the FS9 SOUND folder then they won't work .... which is what caught me out until I reversed what I had then done. The panel folder must be installed inside the FS9 FSFSCONV folder and then aliassed accordingly. I'm still trying to resolve the AP issue associasted with this later panel version gauges suite though .... unless there's something I'm getting wrong.

Mark C
AKL/NZ & BOG/CO

I'm still fiddling
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but what you thought you heard is not what I meant !

speedbird591
Battle of Britain
Battle of Britain

Post by speedbird591 »

Mark, I'm using the Probst panel (see above) and I have no issues with the autopilot paddles. The AP works fine.

I downloaded from Avsim, file ID: b727.050627.panel.fs2004.zip dated 11th November 2005.

The description says
This is my old 727 panel that has been updated for FS2004. Includes performance chart gauges by Charles Fox.
Do you think you might have the FS2002 panel which hasn't been updated?

Ian

Mark C
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by Mark C »

"SPEEDBIRD591" .... this's interesting.

It's possible that I might have "cocked something up" .... but .... I've got the FS.COM hosted version of that same file .... which is named "b727pan4.zip" .... and which also released during November 2005 though maybe a few days earlier than your AVSIM.COM version

The latest version of this panel which I've just installed (I actually have 2 versions but the earlier version is not currently installed) uses 2 only gauge files which are named and dated as follows ....

rp727_2.gau .... dated "Saturday, 8 January 2005, 8:03:30 p.m"
CFRP727.cab .... dated "Friday, 27 June 2003, 1:24:06 a.m"

Can you please right click on each of your gauges files and tell if the last modified date of your files agrees with those details listed above ?

In my case I find everything on the panel works fine .... with the exception of just the main AP and ELEVATOR paddle switches. I find these both engage individually .... like I thought they should .... but .... when I disengage the ELEVATOR paddle switch only (using that small A-B rotary knob to its right) then instead of just the ELEVATOR paddle switch only releasing it also causes the main AP paddle switch to disengage too :o .... like thought they shouldn't !!!! :'(

Is this happening to you too .... or .... am I "screwing up" somewhere here due to my procedures/method ? :dunno:

Let me know regarding your gauge dates .... please !

Mark C :flying:
AKL/NZ & BOG/CO :bandit:
I know you think you understand what you thought I said but what you thought you heard is not what I meant !