Windows 10...

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Windows 10...

Post by petermcleland »

At the moment I'm busy learning to use Win 10 Pro 32bit and I still have Win XP 32bit with a choice of either at boot up. I want to persuade Win 10 to allow me to do all the things I do in Win XP before I finally say goodbye to Win XP. I have started the learning process but really I would like to finish up with the 64bit version of Win 10 Pro and I'm wondering how difficult it is to switch from 32bit to 64bit. Anyone got answers to that question?

TSR2
The Ministry

Re: Windows 10...

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Peter, I'm afraid it's a reinstall as they are different architecture there's not an upgrade path from 32 to 64... Not a supported one at any road.
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

TSR2 wrote:Hi Peter, I'm afraid it's a reinstall as they are different architecture there's not an upgrade path from 32 to 64... Not a supported one at any road.
Thanks Ben...I guess that is fairly expensive then so I'll just think about it a bit before installing other things...Will the latest P3D run in 32bit?

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Yes P3D will work. You only really need 64-bit if you have more than 4GB of memory in your machine,
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

blanston12 wrote:Yes P3D will work. You only really need 64-bit if you have more than 4GB of memory in your machine,
OK, thanks Joe...I do have 6GB in my machine but of course only half it it is used...That was why I was hoping to up it to 64bit. However, I will think about going with 32bit and getting the latest P3D...I presume I need to uninstall the old 2.? P3D before installing the new one...That would suit because I can then put the new one where the old one was :)

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Actually you don't have to uninstall 2.? unless you need the disk space, it will install it into a folder that has the version in the name so they will sit side by side.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

petermcleland
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by petermcleland »

Thanks Joe...That is helpfull. I will install it side by side and then see if I need the space...I've got 108GB Free Space on that drive.