JP5 for Classic Flight

The Crewroom for non-FS related stuff, fun and general chat.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Re: JP5 for Classic Flight

Post by Nigel H-J »

Then I think he ought to become a member here as no doubt he will have some very interesting stories to tell!! :lol: :lol:
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Twigman
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by Twigman »

Nigel H-J wrote:no doubt he will have some very interesting stories to tell!! :lol: :lol:
He should but he is extremely tight lipped about a lot of what went on, particularly his accident hence my researching via the net rather than talking to him.

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Twigman.

welcome to the mad house. Facinating stuff!!! Peter Mac is your man for the Hunter stuff... he may well be able to provide you with some info.

Hope you enjoy your stay. :)
Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

delticbob
Concorde
Concorde

Post by delticbob »

Did I read somewhere (not sure if it was on here, another forum or in a magazine) that the CAA have banned the JP from aerobatics. I think it was something to do with the wing spar?? One having come to griev after doing aeobatics & a wing going AWOL.

Still, its good to have one in service that will be cared for - shame you can't get XM603 :'( even as a static aircraft

Bob
I can fly now with my fantastic new PC

Trev Clark
The Ministry

Post by Trev Clark »

Yep, I think you are correct Bob, JP's have not been grounded but have had there aerobatics removed from thier permit to fly.
ATB Trev

Twigman
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Re: Re:

Post by Twigman »

Twigman wrote:
petermcleland wrote: I was using "Oscar" XE647 :think:
IRL XE647 was "Hotel" a FGA9 Hunter of 208 squadron which my father crashed and ejected from on 30th June1964.
Further research suggests XE647 was Oscar at sometime in its life:
Ray Deacon wrote:XE647 was ‘O’ with 208 Sqn at Eastleigh and Ksar from 11-05-60 to 12-10-61 when it returned to 19 MU at St Athan for refurb. On return to MEAF it became ‘H’ with 208 Sqn at Ksar and Muharraq from 07-06-62 to 30-06-64 when it collided with XK139

Tom Everitt AFG
Victor
Victor

Post by Tom Everitt AFG »

There is a MPD (Mandatory Permit Directive) on all Jet Provost/Strikemasters limiting manoeuvres to +3.00g & -0.25g until an inspection programme for the spar attachments has been decided upon.

Hopefully once this has been published the restriction will be lifted.

Tom.