DMFS BAC 1-11 FSX Upgrade

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

chrisal
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Re: DMFS BAC 1-11 FSX Upgrade

Post by chrisal »

Ah, now you've convinced me to have a go. I'll study the tutorial and follow carefully.
However, the only area that has a problem for me is the VC. Do I need to convert the whole model for that?

Cheers
Chris

Bjoern
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Bjoern »

Yup. You'll have to split the model into one for the exterior and interior and export both in FSX or P3D format.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Hi Bjoern, come across a problem with your upgrade and hope that you might be able to shed some light on this.

Upgraded all BAC1-11's and all went well however, in cockpit view I noticed that the main pillar to the left of the windshield was detached from the roof of the cockpit also the altitude alert situated just below the APU fire warning on the centre consule for I had 2 altitude alerts with one being below the other.

Then decided to delete all of the 1-11's and start over again just in case I overlooked something. Went through the whole upgrade proceedure as I did previously but this time no 1-11's showed up on the aircraft selection screen. Undid the whole caboodle and upgraded again after first checking that the original 1-11's showed up but after upgrading again nothing. I have not done anything differently from the first upgrade so completely lost as to what the cause of this problem is.

Have now deleted the 1-11's and re-installed with everything showing again, but as soon as I upgrade they no longer show up in the aircraft selection menu.

Again, I have done nothing differently from the very first install of your upgrade so this is quite puzzling. I have followed all your instructions precisely.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Bjoern
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Bjoern »

Nigel H-J wrote:Upgraded all BAC1-11's and all went well however, in cockpit view I noticed that the main pillar to the left of the windshield was detached from the roof of the cockpit also the altitude alert situated just below the APU fire warning on the centre consule for I had 2 altitude alerts with one being below the other.
Pillar: What model?
Alt alert: Check the original FS9 models, the poly is also misplaced there.
Then decided to delete all of the 1-11's and start over again just in case I overlooked something. Went through the whole upgrade proceedure as I did previously but this time no 1-11's showed up on the aircraft selection screen. Undid the whole caboodle and upgraded again after first checking that the original 1-11's showed up but after upgrading again nothing. I have not done anything differently from the first upgrade so completely lost as to what the cause of this problem is.

Have now deleted the 1-11's and re-installed with everything showing again, but as soon as I upgrade they no longer show up in the aircraft selection menu.

Again, I have done nothing differently from the very first install of your upgrade so this is quite puzzling. I have followed all your instructions precisely.
No-shows in the menu are usually due to a lack of [fltsim.x] entries. The installation instructions clearly states to back up the original aircraft.cfgs and then transfer the repaint entries.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

Vancouver wrote:Don't know what went wrong for me here but the control surfaces and Trim will not work - I can see it is trying to work as the trim graphic is twitching when I press the 7 or 1 keys, but will not turn. I followed the instructions TWICE now. I revert back to my straight port over from FS9 with smoke fixes and all is OK. I'm puzzled.
I am having the same problem.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Vancouver
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Vancouver »

You must go into the panel and switch on the hydraulics.
Alex

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by blanston12 »

That probably also explains why the gear would not retract.

But twice while I was using it in p3d v3.3, while in the VC it locked up the sim hard and I had to reboot the computer.
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

Bjoern
Meteor
Meteor

Post by Bjoern »

I don't have P3D, so I can't offer any kind of support for it.
Sorry to say Joe, but you're on your own here.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Sorry if I ask stupid questions but does this cool upgrade include improved aircraft.cfg for sake of more realistic flying dynamics and does this cool upgrade including improved night passenger window light and night tail logo light?

I flew that plane in FSX three times and it looked fine but the speed went up way way fast to high speed during descent.

My apologies if you find my questions stupid.

Regards,

Aharon

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:-O

ATB
DaveB *-)
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!