Bac 1-11 APU problem

Classic British Flight Sim forum.
Support for Maltby/Piper FS models & other Classic British freeware.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Bac 1-11 APU problem

Post by NigelC »

:wasntme:

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

oops! :lol:

I think these are they. I did them, just forgot to upload them :$

[The extension cab has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

Ben.:tunes:

ImageImageImage

NigelC
Concorde
Concorde

Post by NigelC »

:thumbsup:

I'll give'em a try in the morning :)

"Speed building both sides.....passing one hundred knots.....V1..rotate...oh sh*t..."

dfarrow
Vulcan
Vulcan

Post by dfarrow »

Hi guys , don't know 'pooters , ... or 111's , but some aircraft APU's have cool down cycles . Once switched off the APU offloads elecs, air , hyds as appropriate , reduces to idle speed for a mimute or two ( to cool down ) and then switches off . Can take a few minutes .

Merry Christmas to all and thanks for a great site ,

Brgds dave f .

tombeckett
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by tombeckett »

I really don't mean to try and dig up an old thread, but is the APU issue resolved in FSX for the standard 1-11's?

I've inserted the new re-compiled cab into my 1-11-400 and the APU seems to get stuck in the start cycle. Just to confirm, it is a simple as:

1) Trip APU Generator to 'OFF' then APU Control Switch to 'ON'. Air Delivery & Crossfeed are OFF, Fuel Boosters ON.

2) Push 'PUSH TO START'

3) Start Eye goes from Blank to 'START'

4) When engine lit and stable changes to 'RUN'.

Well, mine always gets stuck on step 3. If I cycle the APU Control Switch it goes from 'START' to blank then back to 'START' again, there is no power from the Generator even after reset. I've even left it for five minutes on 'START' and nothing.

I can read and partially understand the XML schema used in FSX and cannot see why it won't work - especially if some have got the 510ED one to function. From what I can make out the Push to Start button turns on the starter for engine 3 and toggles the fuel valve open if it is closed.

This isn't a complaint by any stretch of the imagination - I know FSX isn't officialy supported, I'm just confused by it not working!! :dunno:

Any ideas??

Thanks,

Tom

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

Hi Tom,

From memory, the 510 and standard 1-11's definitely had a different starting xml. DM hasn't been about since Monday, but no doubt he'll be able to shed some light on it when he returns. I have a sneaking suspicion I fixed mine on the standards, but don't have time to check at the moment. I've attached my standard CAB if you want to try it.

ImageImageImage

tombeckett
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Post by tombeckett »

:excited:

That's done the trick! Cheers Ben, very much appreciated. I find it most puzzling that I downloaded the cab from earlier in the thread that you provided - definitely the standard one, not the 510 version - and it just wouldn't work. It still won't shut down, but that I can live with!

All sorted though, now I've just got to try and work out a way for the altimeter to display QNH instead of inHg................ *-)

TSR2
The Ministry

Post by TSR2 »

To be fair, I think it was DM who sorted it for me, but so long as its working for you. :thumbsup:

ImageImageImage

T6flyer
VC10
VC10

Post by T6flyer »

We could do with practising on the sim model as down at Newquay after a little while we started our 1-11's APU up for the first time since she arrived!

Cheers,

Martin