Simworks Studios F-4B/N Phantom II - RELEASED

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Simworks Studios F-4B/N Phantom II - RELEASED

Post by Nigel H-J »

Saw this at Just Flight, may interest those who enjoy flying military aircraft from the Sixties/Seventies. Though looking at the screenshots they are only in USA repaints. Guess it won't be long after its' release that RAF versions will surface.

https://www.justflight.com/product/simw ... phantom-ii

Regards
Nigel.
Last edited by DaveB on 07 Apr 2017, 15:18, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed title - DaveB
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

blanston12
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Re: Simworks Studios F-4B/N Phantom II

Post by blanston12 »

Looks very interesting
Joe Cusick,

I am serious, and don't call me Shirley.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

It's been in public beta for ages.. you buy it and become a paid tester 8)

No UK liveries as we didn't operate this type. I bought it because it came with a ship :lol: In all honesty, I prefer the Milviz F4J/S (never fly the S). Its about as heavy as the Milviz model on resources (which aint light!!). Some functions have (up to now) only worked if you had TacPack (external loadouts) which they promised will be available to non-TPers on the release version.

Unless you really want a B/N version (or you really want a Phantom that comes with a ship).. I'd go for the Milviz J. At least we operated those and they didn't have that carbuncle on the chin :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Post by Airspeed »

I already have the MilViz collection, including the one DaveB didn't get.
All the same, I asked to be notified when it is released.

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Simworks Studios F-4B/N Phantom II - RELEASED

Post by DaveB »

I changed Nigel's title to read RELEASED as v1 is out today and available from SWS or JustFlight.

I've only had one brief potter around the South Downs and my immediate thoughts are that the entire package feels much tighter than before.. justifiably finished. I'm sure the odd bug will be found by the switch switchers IDC but that's always the way. The installer gives the option of all sim platforms (FSX, SE, P3Dv1, v2, v3) and in addition, the option to install either the non-TacPack or TacPack versions. As I use the F-4 more than I use TP, I chose the non-TP version. Missing in the beta was the loadout manager for non-TP users. You could add various loadouts through the aircraft.cfg but otherwise, you were stuffed. As promised, the loadout manager works in the release version for TP and non-TP users. Also included in the release version is a loadout manager (if you will) for the Carrier which is a nifty touch and something I've not seen before. It works much the same as the aircraft manager in that you can choose the carrier deck config by adding or removing parked aircraft in a simple point and click window. I've not tried it yet but will do in the fullness of time ;)

Anyhow.. without further ado.. here's the one UK-ish paint you get in the package. Two aircraft were deployed from USS Forrestal while exercising with the Ark group in the Med and ended up being stranded onboard Ark while she visited Malta. The exact story eludes me for the moment but diplomatic relations between Malta and the U.S. were not particularly cordial at the time so not wanting to offend the Maltese, the Ark crew decided to hide the stricken aircraft in plain sight by painting their fins up the same as Ark's aircraft. To all intents.. the ploy was a success. You couldn't make that up could you! :lol:

Pretend the South Coast of England is Malta for this exercise..

No messing around on those 'isle of Wight' sized carriers ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Here are a few more showing the loadout screens. I'd already got AICarriers running (though no ship selected) on the runway at Culdrose. I chose 'Recovery' rather than place individual bits and bobs.. took off then opened AIC and selected Coral Sea when out over the ogin. This is how she looked..

Doesn't look too shoddy does it. There's a marked slowing down of FR's with the Coral Sea in view though it's hardly surprising with that lot shoved on the front end. Many of the crew are animated too which will add to the pain! Good thing is that at any point, you can call up the carrier screen from the Phantom and change the deck. Set her up for recovery and once you've landed.. set her up for launch (all the models will be on the blunt end). Here's one of the carrier screen..

You'll notice various switches on there too allowing you to ride up and down the lift of your choice and open hangar doors. Beats farting around with radio frequencies ;)

Finally.. a shot of the Phantom loadout manager. Pretty much what you'd expect and similar to many others out there :cpu:
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

Marines?! :-O Are you feeling well, Dave? *-) ;)

Brian

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

If they fly F-4's.. they're ok by me :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

FlyTexas
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by FlyTexas »

:lol: I understand. Speaking of Phantoms here are a couple of very nice helmet cam Phantom videos taken at Oshkosh last year. B-) Not sure if you've seen these.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVfUtgABNbM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GRIK8RQgFM

Brian

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Nice :thumbsup:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage