Alabeo sale: 40% off most of their fleet.

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Alabeo sale: 40% off most of their fleet.

Post by Paul K »

http://www.alabeo.com/

This sale runs until Sunday 9th October. A word of warning; the installers on some Alabeo models don't recognize P3D Version 3, even if you point the installer at it. Earlier versions of P3D, and FSX of course, are no problem. I used the FSX install path with EMT enabled for the Cessna 207 Skywagon, but I think you can do the usual thing with temporary renaming of folders, or a dummy fsx then copy the files across.

Anyway, here she is, after being on my 'one day' list for a long time. :)

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Alabeo sale: 40% off most of their fleet.

Post by DaveB »

Tks Paul. My card remains safe ;)

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

:lol: :lol: Thought so.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

:lol: :lol:

I already have 8 Alabeo models.. none of which I ever fly. Nothing particularly wrong with any of them other than I didn't really want them in the first place 8)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Yep I know what you mean, mate. I've got a number of Carenado and Alabeo models ( does that make me 'Man at C and A' ? ) and apart from the Skymaster, which is a firm favourite, they sit in my desert boneyard. I suspect the Skywagon will join them in due course, but I am enjoying it for now. :)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Ah.. Carenado! I've a bone yard full of those too. Three are currently installed and 2 flown when I get REALLY bored (337 and Bonanza V tail). The B200 is still installed because I CBA to get rid of it :lol: They're all great models in their own way but just not me :poke: I still quite fancy the Business Liner but a lack of UK operators and Carenado's vague approach to PK's precludes any purchase :lol:

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

I don't know why Alabeo and Carenado are separate product lines - originally, Alabeo seemed to carry the vintage stuff, but now the Cessna 207 is contemporary with much of the Carenado range. :dunno:

I too have the V-tail Bonanza for FSX, and recently installed it into P3D v3 - works very nicely ! :) Carenado's newly released Dornier Do228 is tempting me, though it would be nice if Alabeo would do a Do-17. ;)
Last edited by Paul K on 30 Sep 2016, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Yes.. the divide has gone rather blurred hasn't it. Had a look on the Carenado site a little earlier and it's almost impossible to see where Carenado ends and Alabeo begins. In fact it IS impossible. Me thinks the days of cheap and cheerful for Alabeo are definitely a thing of the past.

I actually found a G plate Businessliner too but I can't be doing with fighting the blank texture :(

ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage

Swanoir
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Swanoir »

I used my JF points to pick up the Alabeo Staggerwing yesterday. Glad I didn't pay 'actual' money for it 8)
Looks nice but it comes with a hideous 'wind' sound effect when you reach a certain speed which is just awful. Luckily I found the offending file and got rid of it. I also monkeyed around to give it a GPS but my usual fix for enabling the autopilot didn't work (yes I know it's not supposed to have one, but I'm lazy like that!).
Would have made an outstanding freeware product, but I wouldn't even pay the sale price of £7. Now I'm annoyed I wasted my points :doh:

Paul K
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Paul K »

Sorry to hear about the Staggerwing, Alex. It's not a model that's ever really interested me, though the interior looks lovely, particularly the piano-key black control column. That is very well done, I think.

After a morning of trying to get Vertigo's Avenger to start up and fly properly in P3D, it's a relief to go back to my new Cessna 207, which works as advertised. I'm starting to like it more and more. :)