Zinertek HD Airport Graphics

If you have a payware prog whether it be a model, scenery or utility that you have tried.. tell us about it here.

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows
Location: Central Victorian Highlands, Dja Dja Wurrung Country, Australia

Zinertek HD Airport Graphics

Post by Airspeed »

Letting you know that I just d/l this add-on.
Did some before and after screenshots, but unfortunately most of the "befores" got automatically saved to "System 32" :rant: :rant: :rant:
Postimage often does this, but not EVERY time, so I try to be vigilant. I missed it this time. :doh:

OK, for $AU19, I got some improvements.

The following comparison at Essendon, which was already ORBX Australia enhanced.
The position is not identical, but you can see texture variances.
Out of frame, the buildings further to the left had extras painted on.
Apparently there are better detailed tractors & other airport vehicles.
Enhancement is supposedly more noticeable at smaller airports, where the big scenery makers don't pay so much attention.
TOP=before.

DaveB
The Ministry

Re: Zinertek HD Airport Graphics

Post by DaveB »

Thanks Mike.

Do you think it offers enough to justify the cost?
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Actually for £12.76 I think it is a big improvement on airport terminals especially if you do not have the £17- £18 required for one payware airport.

Scroll down for screenshots.

http://www.zinertek.com/flightsimulator ... phics.html

As I fly PNW NRM and other areas it would make an improvement on the default buildings and taxiways that I frequent so may very well consider this at some point.

Thanks for posting Mike. :thumbsup:

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

See what clever people can do?
Here's me wondering how to demonstrate, and Nigel says; just look here! :$
If anyone want to compare their favourite airport with what HDG displays, please post a location, time of day, & runway number, and I'll screen shot the same for you.
Replying to Dave's query, for me, it was worth it. :agree:
It even improved ORBX, which already adds heaps of local detail to default airports. :) :)

DaveB
The Ministry

Post by DaveB »

Well.. as long as you're both happy, that's the important thing ;)

During the brief moment I had any ORBX installed, I agree that ORBX improved default airports and if this program enhances them further.. then all power to it. For me.. I only ever fly in the UK which I have decked from top to bottom in UK2000 and Scotflight. I rarely visit main airports and for me.. the smaller UK2000 airfields are as real as they should be and don't need enhancing. I'm sure it's a good option for giving default areas a fresh look though ;)
ATB
DaveB B)smk
ImageImage
Old sailors never die.. they just smell that way!

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

I haven't seen the price point yet, but ORBX have said they're about to unveil their new HD Texture Upgrade for Flightsim after they release OLC North America which will include bump mapping and other techniques to not only re-skin the basic objects, but enhance their feel too. While these textures look nice, the lack of bump maps and transparencies make those low terminal arms look odd on the corners.

Airspeed
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Airspeed »

Thanks Chris,
Dontcha just love the technology race? :cpu: :excited:

Chris Trott
Vintage Pair
Vintage Pair

Post by Chris Trott »

Yep. I don't remember who it was that AirDailyX interviewed at FlightsimCon 2016 from ORBX, but he said that the product had been in development since around the time of FTX Trees HD but had turned into a much longer development task than they'd expected. I think it'll be really neat to see what they've been able to do with several years of work.

Nigel H-J
Red Arrows
Red Arrows

Post by Nigel H-J »

Here's me wondering how to demonstrate, and Nigel says; just look here! :$
:rofl: :rofl: Just put it down to age Mike!! :lol: :lol:
haven't seen the price point yet, but ORBX have said they're about to unveil their new HD Texture Upgrade for Flightsim after they release OLC North America which will include bump mapping and other techniques to not only re-skin the basic objects, but enhance their feel too. While these textures look nice, the lack of bump maps and transparencies make those low terminal arms look odd on the corners.
That's interesting Chris, have not been over to the Orbx site for quite some time so must have a look soon.

Regards
Nigel.
I used to be an optimist but with age I am now a grumpy old pessimist.

emfrat
Concorde
Concorde
Location: 50 DME West of Brisbane, Ugarapul and Kitabul country in Sunny Qld

Post by emfrat »

Airspeed wrote:Did some before and after screenshots, but unfortunately most of the "befores" got automatically saved to "System 32"
Postimage often does this, but not EVERY time, so I try to be vigilant. I missed it this time.
Hi Mike - not sure what you are doing there - I have used PostImage (the free one) for several years with no probs.
In my Classic FS9.1, I use a freebie grabber called Snapper. I press PrtScn and it saves all the shots as full screen JPGs to a folder called Classic Screens, and adds location info to the pic, all just like I told it to, none of this paste from Clipboard into Paint and save, individually.
In FSX, I press V and it saves fullscreen BMP files to My Pictures\FSX files.
I then review all the latest pics in Irfan View, cropping and resizing if I want, and save the desired result as a JPG to My Documents\Transfers which I created and told Irfan to use.
When I have all my ducks in a row, I login to PostImage ('do not resize my image' ) and upload them to whichever of my galleries I want.

ATB :cheers:
MikeW