Successful Ground Test Of Jetstream With Questions for You

Links to Classic British Flightsim themed images only please.
Please post in jpg or png format and no bigger than 1024 x 768

Moderators: Guru's, The Ministry

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Re: Successful Ground Test Of Jetstream With Questions for Y

Post by Aharon »

Motormouse,

What is Ttfn??

Also if 220 nautical mile range is correct, that means if I have normal full passenger load, full luggage load, and reasonable fuel load for 195 nautical mile range flight from KFLL to MYNN, I would arrive there with only about 25 nautical mile range left???

Is 18 passenger load considered full normal load?

Cal State had service between KSAN and KSBA which is 190 nautical mile flight. Must be tough to fly with only 220 nautical mile range limit. I think it is something wrong with that range.

Regards,

Aharon
Last edited by Aharon on 24 Mar 2017, 17:48, edited 1 time in total.

hobby
Concorde
Concorde

Post by hobby »

ttfn or TTFN = Ta Ta For Now. Modern spoken version "see you later!"

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Thanks, Hobby for explanation on Ttfn

Regards,

Aharon

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

Aharon wrote:Motormouse,

What is Ttfn??

Also if 220 nautical mile range is correct, that means if I have normal full passenger load, full luggage load, and reasonable fuel load for 195 nautical mile range flight from KFLL to MYNN, I would arrive there with only about 25 nautical mile range left???

Is 18 passenger load considered full normal load?

Cal State had service between KSAN and KSBA which is 190 nautical mile flight. Must be tough to fly with only 220 nautical mile range limit. I think it is something wrong with that range.

Regards,

Aharon
18 passengers includes the 2 pilots or, 3, with cabin crew. Normal max complement of fare paying passengers would be 16 if lavatory compartment installed, (which was standard on most). 18 passengers plus 2 crew with no lavatory compartment.

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&sourc ... Q_3hCeMiYQ

Ttfn

Pete
An Elephant is a Mouse designed to
a government specification.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Motormouse,

Thanks for cool links.

Cannot wait to see your second Big Sky airline upload so that Montana would be perfect for me to conduct flight tests of Jetstream since KSAN to KSBA route would be over heavy air traffic of Los Angeles so better for me to test the plane in Montana where there is no traffic unless USAF planes decide to practice in the same state 8) 8) 8)

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Big Sky Airline Jetstream's real life route from Billings to Casper is actual 202 nautical mile flight meaning the plane will land with only 18 nautical mile range of remaining fuel if the 220 nautical mile range is true :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O :-O

Let's hope my planned flight can make to Casper from Billings without running out of fuel.

Regards,

Aharon

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

Think your flight planning needs a little work... In reality minimum fuel for trip including necessary reserve is worked out first, then added to the aeroplane operating weight, the difference between that weight you have just calculated and mtow is your available payload of passengers, their bags, and cargo. In terms of loading priority, its fuel, passengers, then passenger baggage, finally cargo.

Once airborne set climb speed v2 +15 kts, get to cruise alt as soon as possible, then set economy cruise speed @ 230 kts IIRC and stay high for as long as possible, plan a flight idle descent, @ 1500ft/min (my memory isnt infallible) all the way to final approach.

Ttfn

Pete
Last edited by Motormouse on 26 Mar 2017, 15:54, edited 1 time in total.

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Motorhouse,

Yes I know but hey if Big Sky airline wanted to make money, it needed to fill up all seats meaning 18 passengers and luggage load *-) *-) *-) *-)

Guess I will take off with 10 passengers and their luggage load instead of 18 passengers to make this real life Big Sky airline flight from Billings to Casper so that I can have plenty of fuel left for detour route in case of unexpected weather. Look at flightware's Fed Ex 757's unexpected detour from Billings to Casper due to weather that resulted into 400 nautical mile!!!

Regards,

Aharon

Motormouse
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Motormouse »

Aharon wrote:Motorhouse,

Yes I know but hey if Big Sky airline wanted to make money, it needed to fill up all seats meaning 18 passengers and luggage load *-) *-) *-) *-)

Regards,

Aharon
I doubt they needed all 18 every trip to make money,
On a J31 route one of my previous employers operated it was 5 was break even figure for the route.

Ttfn

Pete

Aharon
Concorde
Concorde

Post by Aharon »

Motormouse,

Okay thanks More reason for me to use ten passenger load plus their normal luggage load.

Regards,

Aharon